Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dinner Party #2 Post Party

Well, I think we were mostly successful. The caprese sandwiches got nixed. The chicken dish was pretty good. Everything was ready on time and no one got hurt. A fine time was had by all.

In a somewhat related note, I painted the kitchen cabinets over Spring Break, finishing on Saturday in time for said party. I am really happy with the way they turned out. Now I just have to find a kitchen designer to help me tweak the layout and order new cabinetry. I do like a painted cabinet and I think I can find a semi custom or stock cabinet with a finish I will like.

Before:


After:


I still hate the wallpaper on the soffit, and it keeps the kitchen from looking totally different. There's no point in ripping it off now when the whole thing is coming down in the remodel so I can have taller cabinets that are set higher off the counter.

Dinner yesterday - party leftovers
Dinner today - Parmesan chicken and broccoli

No comments: