Saturday, April 25, 2009

Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes





I've done a bunch more reading about this bread baking method. I ordered the book today because it has a wide variety of breads, not just the basic boule that you can find everywhere online. This is the second time I tried this bread. Some people are combining the No Knead Bread technique with this recipe. I have only read them second hand, but last night I mixed up some dough and baked today.

The dough is very wet, with a 2 hour room temp rise, then a long refrigerated rise. I baked my boule at 425 in a stock pot for lack of a dutch oven which was preheated on a baking stone. I let the dough rise on parchment, slashed with scissors, and used the parchment to lower it into the pot. I removed the cover after 20 minutes. Next time, I'll bake a little longer to get a slightly darker crust, but I'm very happy with this boule.

Here's the crumb:

No comments: