Monday, June 22, 2009

Scrappy Log Cabin


I finished putting these wonky log cabin squares together with the rest of the triangles from the grandmother's fan lap quilt for my mom and the circle quilt for the Craftster Charity Unswap. I have a number of fans left for another project, but there were also many triangles that were cut but not pieced. I'm not really a fan of the fan block for myself (har har), so I decided to use them another way. I want to add an outer row to each block using the same center fabric, Quilter's Only in Parchment, and piece the blocks with no sashing. I think I am going to use 4 inch strips to give me a 7 inch "sashing" look between the squares. Hopefully, this will also make a larger quilt since these blocks are 6 inches. I have at least one more row that is not pictured here. I haven't done the math yet. I'd like to keep this one for myself, but it has to be big enough. I have a purple print and a purple solid for the back. I haven't decided.

No comments: