Monday, March 8, 2010

Triangle Quilt



I finished my half square triangle quilt this past week.  The fabrics match our family room well.  I used two charm packs (don't remember which ones off hand) and some Quilters Only cotton from JoAnn.  I used the backing fabric, which I bought at The Quilt Basket, for the binding as well. This definitely goes into the better-finished-than-perfect category.  Still, I'm pretty happy with it.  There are some corners that could be better.  It's a little wavy in the middle.  Whatever.  It's big and snuggly and mine.

I have, like many other quilters it seems, given away almost every quilt I've made.  My mom has a few.  Most of them went to the babies of friends and family.  I've given quite a few to charity, either Project Linus, Shriners Hospital, or through a Craftster.org Unswap.  Now, we have the one I made with my mom and grandmothers for college, the large queen size "flag" quilt we sometimes use on our bed, the one I made for LBK, and this one.  I think that's it.  I have two three more in the UFOs:  a wonky log cabin type block using my mom's leftover grandmothers fan triangles, Christmas quilt blocks from a swap, and a Christmas jelly roll.

No comments: