Sunday, May 30, 2010

Grilled Vegetables and New Wine



We grilled vegetables this week to eat for lunches and such.  On Friday, we had a work related dinner and grilled chicken kabobs and flank steak.  Saturday, I ate the rest of the loaf of spinach dip in Hawaiin bread - thanks E, I DID eat ALL the bread - and for dinner we had the last of the grilled veggies with leftover chicken and a NY strip steak we grilled up "fresh."

To go along with all our grilled goodies, we opened the bottle of wine a new friend had given us.  She recommended that we have it with something grilled.  It was good, very light and young, but flavorful and easy to drink.  I'd like to see how it develops over time.  I don't think I have the patience to make my own wine and wait around for it when there's a great liquor store about 7 blocks away!  But I'm glad I know someone who does.  LBK drank the beer she gave us and he thought that was very good as well, even though it's not his preferred style of beer.  Props to the brewer!  I, who can normally not drink any kind of beer, had several sips.  An unqualified success, I'd say.

No comments: