Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs and Last Minute Fried Rice



I bought these teriyaki meatballs at Costco after someone, probably over here or here, recommended them.  They are pretty tasty, and only have a touch of that weird squishy-ness that purchased meatballs often have.  I just warmed them in the microwave from the freezer.  They'd be better in the oven, but the microwave was good enough yesterday as I didn't really plan ahead to use the oven. 

I thought that they came in more of a sauce, and had just prepared plain rice to go with them.  When I realized that, in fact, they were not saucy at all, I pulled out a little of this and that from the fridge - oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, green beans, red peppers, fresh spinach, scallions, soy, fish sauce - and the freezer and made fried rice loosely based on some recipes for pineapple fried rice.  I rarely make fried rice, so I was extra happy when it turned out good.  I mean, really, really good.  Not just good for last minute good.

No comments: