Friday, April 27, 2007

A few quilts

I recently made quilts for the 3 girls of a friend. Their room is newly decorated in pink and green, so I made three pink quilts for them to use in their new room.



Caisi's Quilt
Caisi's quilt is a whole cloth quilt. I used Minky-like fabric for the back, because she likes the "bumps." I free motion quilted the entire quilt in a viney flower pattern.



Candace's Quilt
Candace's Quilt is made from a pink charm pack I bought on eBay. I purchased four different whites at Hancock fabrics and cut them myself. I used a tiny heart print for the back and freemotion quilted a "Hostess cupcake" pattern across the pink rows. When I washed it, the cotton batting shrunk up and gave it a really cool puckered look.




Cierra's Quilt
I forgot to take a picture of Cierra's quilt before I took it to her. For her quilt, since she is the oldest, I wanted something more grown up. I used a kind of retro looking spiral flower print that had a magenta background, brown spirals for the flowers with acid green centers. I placed a brown and green stripe across the lower third of the quilt. The back was the same flower print and the binding, more of the green. I freemotion quilted a flower in the top portion above the stripes and horizontal lines in between the stripes. The stripes were left unquilted.

No comments: