Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tiny Quilts

Over on Craftster, we're doing a craft-a-long for charity. Since I'm not really the scrappy quilt type, I've been trying to find a scrappy project I would like to use up my scraps and all the fabric bits and pieces that Katrina gave me from her mom's sewing room. I started cutting them with an Irish chain in mind, but decided to turn them into small quilts for the craft-a-long. The quilts will be donated to parents who have lost their children who were born prematurely or still born. The sizes requested range from 10x10 inches to regular crib size. I like doing them for a few reasons.

  1. They're small, so they come together quickly.
  2. Because they are fast, I have handwork to do upstairs with LBK instead of being downstairs.
  3. They use the scraps I have.
  4. I have a lot of pink scraps.
  5. I already make charity quilts for Project Linus and Shriners, so it continues something I already like to do.
  6. It reminds me that no matter how frustrated I am at my situation, it could be worse.
  7. People who have shared their own personal story on Craftster appreciate so much the things that people have made for them and found comfort in them.
Here are the first ones.

No comments: