Sunday, February 14, 2010

Not Your Usual Sandwich

repost from July 2009
________________________________

My parents and grandpa visited last weekend. My mom was telling me how much my nephew, who is 4, likes to bake cookies and be in the kitchen with her. Creating a foodie indeed. After they left, I went about googling apron patterns and found several rough estimates from an assortment of bloggers. I whipped up an apron for my nephew and my niece. Since I was having lunch with a friend the next day, I made one for her daughter, too.

The Nephew
Some smart blogger suggested D rings so kids can "tie" their apron themselves.



The Niece - backed in the dark pink of the ruffle

The Friend - backed in light blue with white ties and ruffle
And since The Niece loves to play in her kitchen, I made her a sandwich, a bag of chips and some cookies out of felt. Thanks to Snazzle Craft for the patterns. Click to see more detailed pics.



No comments: