Sunday, August 1, 2010

Flying Geese Blocks and Pizza



I finished all the geese blocks, stippling two charity quilts and had my friends over to make pizzas for lunch last Thursday, which was tons of fun.  I thought they did  a great job!  I usually use Reinhart's Neo-Neopolitan pizza dough, which is very wet.  For Thursday, I used the recipe from Smittenkitchen.com, which is much easier to work with.  I made the dough in the morning, formed it into balls, and left them to rest on an oiled cookie sheet.  By the time they arrived, hungry and ready to go, I stretched the dough and put it on parchment, then let them top them.  Once the first ones were in the oven, E decided we needed to make a pizza with the apples, bananas and peaches she saw on the counter.  I gave her another ball of dough to stretch out.  She asked for a rolling pin and we made a fruit pizza with butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and fruit.  Not too sure how it tasted as they took it home with them.

No comments: