Friday, January 15, 2010

Satisfying a Craving

re-post from January 2009
_________________________________________

Friday night, I wanted to go out for dinner. The day ended crappily and I wanted to be served. To have dinner delivered to my table and the empty plate whisked away when I was done, never to be seen again. To eat pumpkin ravioli at a nearby semi-romantic, slightly nicer than casual place. To sit in the company of adults, to cherish time with Pav. Who was not in the mood to go out. Our going out/staying in preferences just didn't align.

So Saturday, after going to a bridal shower nearby in the afternoon, I made my own damn ravioli. I used the food processor to make the pasta dough and the Kitchenaid attachment to roll it out.


Pumpkin ravioli with butter and sage sauce, pecans and pepperoncini



With some sauted rapini and a bit of white wine, it really hit the spot.


No comments: